the NEW BARN IS GOING UP!

We are making great progress on the barn. The siding and brick floor will be complete by this Fall. Work will begin on the blacksmith forge in the Spring.

We are making great progress on the barn. The siding and brick floor will be complete by this Fall. Work will begin on the blacksmith forge in the Spring.

Dirt Works Landscaping has almost completed the brick floor and are waiting on a few more bricks for the southeast corner of the barn.

Dirt Works Landscaping has almost completed the brick floor and are waiting on a few more bricks for the southeast corner of the barn.

Riley Milburn has completed the siding on three sides. Remaining to be done are the front or South side and the gable ends. Two large window openings were added on the north side for ventilation.

Riley Milburn has completed the siding on three sides. Remaining to be done are the front or South side and the gable ends. Two large window openings were added on the north side for ventilation.

The 2019 Summer programs have been held in the new barn. Above the band Big Blue Mountain performs on August 4th.

The 2019 Summer programs have been held in the new barn. Above the band Big Blue Mountain performs on August 4th.

Thank you to all of our donors who have made this project possible.

      The Commodore Perry Davis Barn is located 3.4 miles east of the Five Mile House on the Westfield Road. It was built in 1880 by Commodore Perry Davis and is a large "Tennessee livestock barn." The center and loft of the barn are designed for storing grain and hay for feeding livestock in the side wings of the barn.

      The barn will be dismantled and re-constructed in a smaller but similar configuration at the Five Mile House. Some of the original features of the barn such as the corn crib and grain bin will be represented and interpretive displays will tell the story of C.P. Davis and the original barn. Cost estimates are currently being developed and a fund raising effort will begin later this spring.

The original barn gable showing three stars and the 1880 date.

The original barn gable showing three stars and the 1880 date.

DONATE

To the Barn/Blacksmith Shop Project

More barn Photos